Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Family Reunion

Last weekend, Mom and I drove down to Connecticut again to see the family. But this time instead of driving back to Maine, we went to New York and saw MY family!!!


So let me introduce you:

Grandma Ginger
I tried to get her to play with me, and she showed me a few of her moves, but she was more interested in sitting in front of the heater with her new forever family.




Ivy (my Mom)
For some reason we didn't get a picture of her! But she's still available to adopt and you can check out her bio here: http://www.nebcr.org/Available_Border_Collies.html
I don't know what they were talking about when they said 'reactive'. She was playing in a field with a billion other dogs when we saw her, and didn't seem like she could care less.

Uncle Roosevelt
He lives in Maine too! I would have liked to play with him, but he was too busy obsessing over his ball being thrown.

Dahlia (my sister)


She was cute and looked a lot like Grandma Ginger. She was also obssessed with the getting the ball thrown.

Hawk
Boy does he know how to wrestle! We were playing so hard that we ran Grandma Lynn right over! (She was okay though.)

Kiefer
Kiefer not only looks like me and is deaf like me, he also loves his water bowl.... like me! The two of us had fun playing tug and wrestling and running up and down the A-frame thingy (obviously Mom is not an Agility-buff if she doesn't even know the real name for this fun thing.)

Overall it was a really fun day and we got to see a lot of dogs, and a lot of really nice people.




Needless to say, I was pooped by the end of the day.

But when I got home, I got to play with all the presents I got! Like the this really cool zebra from the Yankee Swap.


Needless to say, I can de-stuff an animal and oh-so-quickly extract the squeeky thing with the best of them.

Then there is the nice stuffed, squeekly bone from Dahlia (I think it was from her, but I could be wrong- by the time we finished driving 5 hours home Mom wasn't sure what her own name was anymore).

I like to bring this over to Mom and shmush it right into her lap.


And last but not least, a nice rubber cat whose tail blows up from Ivy. She must have know I have a thing for chasing black cats.....


I made out good, don't ya think?

4 comments:

  1. Hiya Denali! I gave you that black cat and momma Ivy gave you the bone . . . but that's ok! My human mommy says you can see more pics here, she thinks: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=42166&id=146668768717746 and also wants to know if she can steal your pics of Ginger to share? She didn't get any!
    ~Dahlia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, go ahead and still my pics! And sorry I mixed up the gifts... I had a feeling that would happen! By the way, I love the pics on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Denali had a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful family you have!

    ReplyDelete