Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mushrooms


No, don't worry, I didn't eat any.
But Mom says they have mushrooms in Maine that are QUITE impressive. We went for a walk in the woods this morning, and here are some of the verrrry scary fungii that we saw.
Big Flat Yellows

Scarry Lumpy Browns

Super Mario Brothers Reds

Smooth Browns

We've also seen ones that look like little yellow balls and some that are HUGE and orange. And don't even get me started on the ones that grow on trees!

However, I did not try to eat any, despite how much I like to try and eat every leaf and piece of garbage on the side of the road.

The walk was fun though.

I found a waterbowl in a tree!

And there was this branch that we just HAD to take home! I liked it so much that I carried it all the way accross Main Street.

And best of all, after running around and getting all hot, I found a mud puddle to lay down in!

But then Mom said it was bath time and she ruined a perfectly good day :(

2 comments:

  1. Dear Denali!
    Those are quite some impressive mushrooms and I'm pleased to see that branch you carried isn't a dangerous stick! I hope we can get together soon but my mom tells me we are probably not going to be able to make it to Maine like we had hoped! :(
    Your sister,
    Dahlia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay :( I understand. My mom says you never know when we will need to go to New York though so we'll probably see each other some time. Also, it looks like you found a nice mud puddle in one of your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete